Instant Access Class
Are you ready to push the boundaries of what you think is possible? To dig deep and give yourself permission to play.
Abstract painting is brilliant for this. There are no rules! It's all about experimentation and trying different approaches.
This class is truly a mixed media experience with techniques in watercolour, ink, acrylic, pastels and more. You do not need all these supplies though. I always encourage participants to be creative when it comes to tools and materials and use what you already have if possible.
This class includes 2-3 hours of professionally edited video instruction, broken down into manageable chunks. The videos are supported with written content in the classroom.
This is not a detailed step-by-step class. The focus of this class is on discovering more about yourself and your art through experimentation.
Having said that, you will see several start-to-finish painting demonstrations where I talk you through my thinking and decision-making process. There will be plenty of inspiration for you to soak up!
Inside this course, you will ...
- Use journaling and writing prompts to stimulate ideas for abstract pieces.
- Choose a theme to explore in more depth.
- Ease the pressure and warm up with mixed-media play on paper.
- Take your work onto a different substrate, try wooden panels or perhaps canvases.
- Experiment with new techniques and materials.
- Allow yourself to be guided by the process rather than the outcome.
- Reflect on your work, processing what you have done and making the most of the opportunities to learn.
Laura's classes have taught me so much and allowed me to feel much more confident in creating work.
- Bree Morrison
I use all sorts in this class as I'm deliberately trying to think outside the box and spark possibilities for you. I can't stress enough that you don't need all of the supplies listed to enjoy this class.
Many students enjoy watching the videos first before making their supply choices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hi I'm Laura, a mixed media abstract artist from Adelaide, South Australia. Welcome to my online classes. Here you will find tips, techniques and step-by-step lessons to grow your skills, confidence and creative style. I'd love for you to join me!