Instant Access Class
self-paced + downloadable videos
interactive learning environment
Are you ready to go deeper with your abstract art? In this class, you'll learn how to generate ideas and develop them into abstract paintings.
You'll see me working on various paintings that explore a theme. It's a very real process with plenty of experimentation and problem-solving. As I work, I talk through the supplies, techniques, and design choices I am making.
As you can see, I've chosen an earthy, nature-inspired theme. You might prefer to work with bright colours and a completely different mark-making style. That's completely up to you. This class is all about taking your sparks and turning them into creative fire!
Discover more about yourself and your art through abstract experimentation!
Inside this course, you will ...
- Use journaling and writing prompts to stimulate ideas for abstract pieces.
- Choose a theme to explore in more depth.
- Ease the pressure and warm up with mixed-media on paper.
- Take your work onto a different substrate; try wooden panels or perhaps canvases.
- Experiment with new techniques and materials.
- Allow the process to be your guide rather than the result.
- Reflect on your work to take advantage of learning opportunities.
What's included when you sign up today:
- Expertly crafted video guidance, 2-3 hours of comprehensive content, professionally edited for clarity.
- Lifetime access to all downloadable videos, allowing you the freedom to learn at your own pace.
- Engage in our private, password-protected classroom. Pose questions, share discoveries, and receive personalised feedback.
- Join our vibrant Facebook Group, connecting with artists worldwide. Participate in discussions, seek advice, and access additional tips and insights.
Your artistic exploration doesn't end here; enjoy a lifetime of creativity and inspiration within the Laura Horn Art mixed media community
“Creativity takes courage.” – Henri Matisse
Laura's classes have taught me so much and allowed me to feel much more confident in creating work.
- Bree Morrison
I use all sorts in this class as I'm deliberately trying to think outside the box and spark possibilities for you. I can't stress enough that you don't need all of the supplies listed to enjoy this class.
Many students enjoy watching the videos first before making their supply choices.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT MY FAVOURITE ART SUPPLIES
Frequently Asked Questions
Hello and Welcome! I'm Laura, a mixed-media abstract artist from the picturesque Adelaide Hills in South Australia. Thank you for being here and embarking on an artistic journey with my online classes. Within the classroom, you'll discover a treasure trove of tips, techniques, and step-by-step lessons carefully crafted to nurture your artistic skills, boost your confidence, and enhance your unique creative style. It would be my absolute pleasure to have you join me in this creative adventure!