Discover the beauty of watercolour painting in this beginner-friendly class!
Instant Access Class
self paced + downloadable videos
interactive learning environment
Want to build your confidence with watercolour? This mini course will take you through simple techniques that you can use to create stunning abstract paintings. This is a great class for beginners or anyone wanting to explore the unpredictable beauty of watercolour.
From delicate layers to bold mark-making. How you use watercolour is only limited by your imagination.
Your watercolour journey will include colour exploration, sketchbook play, and abstract layering.
Come join me for a liberating and playful approach to creating watercolour abstracts.
Inside the course, you will ...
- Learn how to mix watercolour paints and come up with unique colour combinations.
- Embrace the freedom of working in a sketchbook.
- Get to know your brushes and the variety of marks you can make.
- Explore the use of hard and soft edges in your watercolour paintings.
- Experiment with unconventional techniques and fun mark-making examples.
- Get tips and demonstrations showing how to build up gorgeous abstract layers.
- Take your ideas out of your sketchbook and onto a finished painting that you can frame and enjoy!
What's included when you sign up today:
- Expertly crafted video guidance, 1-2 hours of comprehensive content, professionally edited for clarity.
- Lifetime access to all downloadable videos, allowing you the freedom to learn at your own pace.
- Engage in our private, password-protected classroom. Pose questions, share discoveries, and receive personalised feedback.
- Join our vibrant Facebook Group, connecting with artists worldwide. Participate in discussions, seek advice, and access additional tips and insights.
Your artistic exploration doesn't end here; enjoy a lifetime of creativity and inspiration within the Laura Horn Art mixed media community.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Laura, a mixed-media abstract artist from the picturesque Adelaide Hills in South Australia. Thank you for being here and embarking on an artistic journey with my online classes. Within the classroom, you'll discover a treasure trove of tips, techniques, and step-by-step lessons carefully crafted to nurture your artistic skills, boost your confidence, and enhance your unique creative style. It would be my absolute pleasure to have you join me in this creative adventure!
I encourage you to use what supplies you have and approach this class from a playful place. While I love Daniel Smith watercolour paints, I understand that they are a splurge. You can substitute for other paint brands, but I do suggest using good quality watercolour paper; it makes a big difference!
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT MY FAVOURITE ART SUPPLIES