Abstract Watercolour Painting for Beginners
Instant Access Class
Want to build your confidence with watercolour? This mini
course will take you through simple techniques that you can use to create
stunning abstract paintings. This is a great class for beginners or anyone
wanting to explore the unpredictable beauty of watercolour.
From delicate layers to bold mark-making. How you use watercolour is only limited by your imagination.
Your watercolour journey will include colour exploration, sketchbook play and abstract layering.
This class includes professionally edited video instruction broken down into manageable chunks. The videos are supported by written content in the classroom. All videos are downloadable, and the course comes with lifetime access. Scroll further down for the course curriculum, including video duration.
Inside the course, you will ...
- Learn how to mix watercolour paints and come up with unique colour combinations.
- Embrace the freedom of working in a sketchbook.
- Get to know your brushes and the variety of marks you can make.
- Explore the use of hard and soft edges in your watercolour paintings.
- Experiment with unconventional techniques and fun mark-making examples.
- Get tips and demonstrations showing how to build up gorgeous abstract layers.
- Take your ideas out of your sketchbook and onto a finished painting that you can frame and enjoy!
Hi I'm Laura, a mixed media abstract artist from Adelaide, South Australia. Welcome to my online classes. Here you will find tips, techniques and step-by-step lessons to grow your skills, confidence and creative style. I'd love for you to join me!
I encourage you to use what supplies you have and approach this class from a playful place. While I love Daniel Smith watercolour paints, I understand that they are a splurge. You can substitute for other paint brands, but I do suggest using good quality watercolour paper; it makes a big difference!
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT MY FAVOURITE ART SUPPLIES