Instant Access Class
While a sketchbook can be used for many things; drawing, thoughts, painting, collage, planning ... its most important job is to be your sanctuary, your safe place.
I want your sketchbook to feel like a cosy well-worn jumper. And there's only one way to get that feeling, you have to use it!!
In this class, we are going to break down the barriers that often stop us from making art. I'm sure you are familiar with these little gremlins - I don't have time, it's too messy, I don't have the right stuff, I'm not creative and so on ...
It's time to kick those thoughts to the curb and build the habit of making art. If this sounds like what you need right now, I'd love for you to join me!
Inside this course, I'll gently guide you through:
- Experimenting with colour and pushing out your comfort zone.
- Creating a small art kit that you can use at your kitchen table or wherever you want to create. The key is to make it easy and inviting.
- Tips for overcoming sketchbook anxiety and working freely without the fear of messing up.
- A wide range of mixed media techniques. This will include collage, writing, painting, drawing, stitching, using dried flowers and more.
- Ideas for slowing down and being inspired by seasonal changes in your surroundings and inner world.
- 6 complete sketchbook spreads with step-by-step guidance. You can follow along or use them as loose inspiration.
The course includes:
- 2-3 hours of professionally edited video instruction broken down into manageable chunks. Each individual video is about 10-15 minutes. The course comes with LIFETIME ACCESS. All videos are downloadable and can be worked through at your own pace.
- A private password-protected classroom where you can access the videos, share discoveries and ask questions.
- An optional Facebook Group where you can connect with other artists from across the globe.
Get started now!
Laura emanates a genuine warmth, mindfulness, and positivity that puts you at ease and inspires confidence. The classes have helped me reconnect to my long-lost creative side.
It's a more intimate and personal journey. In many ways, it is like a studio diary. I chat about what I am thinking and how I approach my work - not just the painting but also the mindset side of things and how I deal with challenges.
The idea of the course came from my own desire to make more art and treat my sketchbook as a sanctuary. While I take you through the steps and talk about supplies, techniques and so on, it is done in a very gentle and relaxed way.
You can follow along and try out what I am doing but I also encourage you to go deeper and tap into your own beautiful unique perspective.
More than anything, this class is about cultivating a nurturing and nourishing relationship with your creativity. I'd love for you to join me.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hi I'm Laura, a mixed media abstract artist from Adelaide, South Australia. Welcome to my online classes. Here you will find tips, techniques and step-by-step lessons to grow your skills, confidence and creative style. I'd love for you to join me!