Instant Access Class
In this class, we will be fusing two of my favourite things - delicate inky botanicals and richly layered abstract paintings!
As I work through the two main paintings in this class, I share a wide range of mixed media techniques and abstract painting concepts.
I will be taking you through a step-by-step process while also encouraging you to trust your instincts and explore the possibilities that present themselves along the way.
Every painting has its own path and you will see how this plays out for me with one painting evolving quite quickly while the other one, well let's just say, it takes me on a more scenic route!
Speaking of scenic, we will also look at how to draw inspiration from nature and I will take you to one of my favourite spots in the Adelaide hills.
My hope is that it will help you to find your flow and flourish as an artist!
This class includes professionally edited video instruction, broken down into manageable chunks. The videos are supported with written content in the classroom. All videos are downloadable and the course comes with lifetime access. Scroll further down for the course curriculum including video duration.
Inside the course, you will ...
- Learn two different approaches to painting your background.
- Experiment with techniques for adding contrast and texture including etching, dripping, repetitive mark-making, doodling, finger painting and colour blocking.
- Quieten down areas that have become too busy and get over the fear of covering things up.
- Find inspiration in nature and work through creative challenges and blocks.
- Become more confident in adding imagery to your work by practising on paper.
- Use wet-in-wet techniques to create gorgeous flowy botanicals with acrylic ink.
- Bring it all together, adding and subtracting elements until your paintings feel balanced. It's a process that takes practice and a willingness to play and experiment!
I love Laura’s teaching style and the techniques and information she imparts has grown my art practice immensely. Can’t wait for more classes!!
- Patti Buss
The supply list below is a guide, there are many supplies that can be substituted and I encourage you to use what you have on hand. In case you are curious, I have listed all the specific paint colours I use but you can use whatever colours tickle your fancy!
Hi I'm Laura, a mixed media abstract artist from Adelaide, South Australia. Welcome to my online classes. Here you will find tips, techniques and step-by-step lessons to grow your skills, confidence and creative style. I'd love for you to join me!